Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the hunt for a Registered Manager to join a national provider who help people to lead more fulfilling, independent lives by providing extraordinary support for adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Physical Disabilities, Acquired Brain Injuries or Mental Health needs.
Based in Peacehaven, East Sussex, you will be responsible for a small residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
You will lead a small team of staff, including a Deputy Manager, Team Leader and Support Workers in the support the delivery of person-centred services to all people using the service.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager looking for a new challenge, or a highly experienced Deputy looking for that next stage of progression.
Key Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
- Ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards
- Provide supervision and support to Team Leaders and Support Workers through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
- Ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
- Use and update IT processes to include the completion of accurate rota and timesheet information using the Cold Harbour system
- Work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of the organisation and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
- Develop the knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering service specific training as and when required
- Develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
- Ensure that all services delivered are compliant to contract
- Audit services regularly and report accordingly
- Continuously improve service performance across services for which you are responsible
- Recognise and encourage innovation across services for which you are responsible
- Ensure that purchaser contracts and agreements are in place for all people using the service.
- Supervise, mentor and act as a positive role model to Team Leaders to ensure effective and efficient person-centred service delivery to all people who use the service
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for all team members
- Take a lead role in developing and delivering an appropriate induction programme for new staff
- Motivate the staff team to drive and improve service delivery
- The nature of the job responsibilities may require flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours, or adjusted beginning and ending times. You are required to work additional hours when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business, and you may be required to provide on call duties as necessary.
Key requirements a Registered Manager must have:
- A relevant professional Qualification at Level 4 or Higher in Care or Management e.g. NVQ/SVQ, QCF Award Certificate or Diploma (also known as BTEC Professional Award, Certificate, Diploma).
- Ideally a minimum of four years’ experience supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and a minimum of two years’ management experience.
- Good time management skills and be IT literate.
- Commitment to reporting on Service User outcomes and organisational KPI reporting.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
- A caring and supportive attitude towards others which is founded on respect and an effective work style which is responsive, participative and creative.
- Clear career pathway for training and development
- High street vouchers including Sainsbury’s, ASOS and Boots
- Online cashback at top retailers including Groupon
- Car and home insurance comparison service
- Low-cost event tickets with Ticketmaster
- A cycle-to-work programme saving on the cost of a bike
- Employee Assistant Programme for 24-7 confidential support
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please call Michael White at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.