Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist non profit provider is seeking a Registered Manager to manage with a warm person centred approach in South Shields It is a small S/L services which provides support for people with learning disabilities, Autism and complex needs.
Responsibilities of Registered Manager:
- To be responsible for the operational management and oversight of a network of high quality services for individuals with a learning disability, mental health needs and complex needs in the North East.
- To ensure that the services are responsive to the needs and preferences of service users and their families. To ensure that all contract requirements and stakeholder expectations are fully met.
- To ensure that service users receive individualised person centred support which enables them to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, to participate in the community and to develop their abilities and to become as independent as fully as possible.
- To carry out the role of Registered Manager for these services and to ensure that all essential standards of quality and safety are met. To undertake quality assurance and compliance audits across all services.
- To lead, co-ordinate and supervise a team of senior staff/managers to achieve the highest level of service delivery, customer care and positive outcomes.
- To contribute to the wider development of the North East Services – taking part in partnership events and local initiatives to promote service user wellbeing and community links and to
- As part of the senior management team, this leading role requires a proactive individual to contribute to the effective day to day operational management of the establishment and its resources. This will include the line management of a team of care and vocational professionals and the responsibility for delegated budgets, quality assurance and legislative compliance.
- You will be responsible as part of a multi-disciplinary team for implementing, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of individual care and support plans and for effective risk management within a positive behaviour support framework.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with individuals with a learning disability or mental health support needs
- Experience of managing or supervising a staff team
- Experience of managing contracts
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g, RNLD, RMN, CQSW, Dipsw, NVQ4)
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 5 (or willingness to work towards this)
- Ability to engage with service users, to develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships
- Significant understanding of effective approaches, interventions and best practice when working with individuals with a learning disability, behaviours which challenge services & mental health support needs
- A non-judgmental, accepting approach to working with people who may be challenging or complex and the ability to cope in a mature way with conflict or distress
- Ability to carry out a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s care and support needs, including risk assessment.
- Ability to devise effective individual care plans and risk management plans.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload of operational management, service development and corporate responsibilities
- Good written & verbal communication skills including the ability to listen sensitively to others
- Ability to build effective, professional professionals, other agencies and families & friends of service users
- Experience of staff recruitment & selection and knowledge of equal opportunities
- Ability to serve as a professional role model to colleagues Interview Essential 15 Experience of developing new services/initiatives in partnership with others and of evaluating & monitoring success
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including some travel) according to needs of agency and service users.
- 30 days plus 8 statutory days pro rata
- Birthday Holiday Bonus
- Sickness Policy
- Life Assurance
- Paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Compassionate leave
- Carer’s leave up to 5 days per annum
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ryan Wood by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.