Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are working closely with a Housing Association in Manchester, who specialise in Social Housing, providing an array of property services to a selection of Local Authorities, the home office, landlords and tenants.
We are looking for an experienced Repairs & Maintenance Officer to undertake inspections of houses to defect diagnosis and to ensure that properties meet required standards. The post requires DIY skills to carry out minor day-to-day works to ensure the properties are maintained at a high standard. You will also undertake void inspections.
Key Responsibilities of a Repairs & Maintenance Officer:
- Responsible to attend properties to diagnose defects and to undertake the work
- To inspect properties and provide a report when major works are required
- To change locks and fit key safes as required
Repairs & Maintenance Officer Requirements:
- A proven record of repairs and maintenance inspections, defect diagnosis and reporting
- Have knowledge and experience of DIY
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrics
- Experience in assessing repairs to tenanted properties
- Qualification in construction or experience in carrying out works would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the building works and how defects are remedied
- Good knowledge of the cost of works
- Good knowledge of landlord responsibilities for compliance
- Good record keeping skills
- Good communicator who can work well with partners and builders
- A valid driving licence is essential
- Competitive salary
- Work mobile phone
- Car or van for business use
- All tools provided
- 32 days paid annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.