Website Domus Recruitment
We are looking for a Service Manager with experience at management level within the Health and Social Care sector, who has worked within Learning Disabilities or associated needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Charity whose primary focus is on the people they support and the people they employ!
You will oversee a lovely 8 bedded Supported Living service which supports individuals with Learning Disabilities & Mental Health.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- To provide leadership and direction to the teams and have oversight of the day-to-day management of the service.
- To be committed to delivering person centered outcomes for people we support, ensuring that people are at the centre of their support and enable them to develop independent living skills and receive a good quality of life.
- To lead and develop the teams working towards strategic aims in line with organisational objectives.
- To ensure that we meet our regulatory standards set out by commissioners, inspectors and these are of excellent quality.
- To participate in the on-call rota and respond appropriately as and when required.
- To ensure that rotas are written three weeks in advance, in line with specific requirements including staff attending training, annual leave, supervision attendance, individuals’ plans and any changes in need.
- To manage and monitor staffing levels to ensure contractual compliance and to work within agreed budgets.
- To manage and monitor the use of all financial resources and ensure people supported are enabled to maximise control and to develop their ability to manage their own money.
Service Manager Requirements:
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written communication to staff, families, advocates, internal departments, and external professionals.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Have experience of using IT, emails, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook to organise their time to meet deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills, using initiative and be able to adapt and work under pressure.
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays), which we increase the longer you are with us.
- All work and no play is not fun, so enjoy discounts in your favourite shops, restaurants, travel and great days out with your Blue Light Card that we will provide you
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- We will apply for and pay for an enhanced DBS for you
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
If you are interested in the vacancy above, please call Kyle at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.