Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the lookout for an experienced manager within the Health and Social Care sector to join a national organisation in Bolton, as a Service Manager.
Based in Bolton, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality and person-centred support to adults with Learning Disabilities across Supported Living locations in the Bolton area.
You will have experience of managing similar services for people with Learning Disabilities and managing staff teams.
Your role will include leading and supporting a team of dedicated staff, assessing and reviewing existing and new support contracts, attending review meetings for the people supported, monitoring goals and actions relating to the persons support needs and expectations of the Local Authority.
You will be a driver with access to a car.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supported Living Manager or highly experienced Deputy looking for that next stage of progression.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- Monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using the service.
- Monitor and support the health and safety of both people using the service and support staff
- Ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards.
- In the absence of the Area Manager take other responsibilities for all aspects of the operation of the office.
- Provide supervision and support to Team Leaders through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
- Ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
- Work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of Lifeways and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
Key requirements a Service Manager must have:
- Have, or be willing to work towards a Level 4 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience in managing similar services for people with Learning Disabilities is essential
(Supported living or residential).
- Experience in carrying out need’s assessments and transitions.
- Driver with access to a car, as you will be required to travel for work purposes and due to location of the service.
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans
- Ability to plan and organise the delivery of the service
- Willingness to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)
- Make a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Pension scheme
- Fantastic training and development
If you are interested in the above Service Manager vacancy, please call Cameron at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.