Website Domus Recruitment
A fantastic opportunity for a Manager has arisen to join a specialist care provider who specialise in supporting adults with Mental Health
There are a few small services in the Leicestershire area that you’ll be overseeing.
You will be Reporting into the Area Manager and ensure the people supported receive individualised person-centred support to enable them to enjoy as fully as possible a fulfilling and valued life.
We are seeking a compassionate, knowledgeable and experienced leader who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- Ensure staff encourage and support the service users in expressing their needs, enabling them to make choices and to participate in planning the support they need.
- Ensure service users have person centred plans, that these are reviewed, evaluated in partnership with the service users, key workers, family members and other professionals.
- Ensure the service users are enabled to become as independent as possible, to grow in confidence and personal ability.
- Ensure the service users have a health action plan, receive advice, regular health checks to maintain their physical and emotional well-being. Ensure medication is administered and recorded as prescribed.
- Communicate positively with service user’s friends and family arranging regular meetings, issuing newsletters and promoting events
- Accountable for the overall quality of the service and to ensure it conforms with the care quality commission essential care standards for quality and safety
- Ensure policies and legislation pertaining to the business are fully understood and followed.
- Work closely with the groups senior management and finance director in the management of the service budgets. To take positive steps to market the services to commissioning bodies and to take action to address voids, to ensure that full occupancy is achieved and maintained
Key requirements as a Service Manager:
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with individuals with a Learning disability and Mental Health.
- NVQ Level 3 (minimum) in Health and Social Care.
- A driver with access to a vehicle.
- A warm, person-centred and respectful approach to working with people with a Learning disability or Mental Health
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively to others
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff, and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service
- Knowledge and skills to ensure the safe management and administration of medication
- An up-to-date knowledge of best practice in managing challenging behaviour utilising a positive behaviour support approach.
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans
- Ability to plan and organise the delivery of the service
- Willingness to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays
- Paid training and opportunities to further develop your skills.
- Employee Assistance Programme made available to all employees.
- A professional, continuous personal supervision process, to ensure ongoing support and guidance.
- Health and wellbeing package.
- Flexible working
If you are interested in the above Supported Living Manager vacancy, please contact Lottie at Domus Recruitment
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.