Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are looking for a passionate and dedicated Service Manager in Southampton to help set up and manage a brand-new Supported Living service for one unique individual, transitioning from hospital.
You will manage and lead a small team to provide support that enables the people supported to achieve the outcomes of their individual Person Centred Plans and the aims and objectives of the service.
You will have significant experience of working with people with challenging behaviours, learning disabilities, and complex needs.
You will have experience of directly coaching colleagues in Positive Behavioural Support strategies to improve wellbeing and quality of life, whilst reducing behaviour that challenges and the use of restrictive interventions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Service Manager or highly experienced Deputy Manager to take that next stage of progression and join a well-established national charity.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- Lead and direct the teams in person centered planning and support for the people we support, ensuring that tailored support plans are completed, reviewed and continuously developed to meet individual needs, wishes and outcomes.
- Ensure teams actively support and promote the health and well-being of people we support and that current issues or changes in health, behavioral, emotional, psychological or mental health needs are reported to the relevant professionals and support sought if necessary.
- Lead and direct teams to facilitate and empower independence of people we support.
- Be responsible for quality management and auditing of service delivery, maintaining accurate internal and external quality assurance records and completing any required improvement actions.
- Ensuring effective financial planning and budgetary control for the service, liaising as appropriate with the Operations and Development Manager and the Finance Department.
Key requirements a Service Manager must have:
- Level 3 Social Care qualification. (Minimum essential required)
- Level 5 Social care qualification in line with the organisation’s strategic aims or willingness to complete the qualification within a designated time frame.
- Good knowledge and practical implementation of CQC regulations.
- Ability to recognize, challenge and remedy bad practice.
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Excellent level of people management skills.
- Management skills to main the service to a high standard.
- Computer skills in Microsoft office particularly word, excel, outlook and the internet.
- Excellent level of organisation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate clear communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full Driving License, use of car, with business use.
- Must be flexible and able to carry out on call duties for other local services
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours & Shift patterns
- We will pay for your DBS
- Free Blue Light Card
- Ongoing continued professional development and progression opportunities
- Recommend a Friend Bonus scheme
If you are interested in the above Service Manager vacancy, please call Michael White at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.