Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist care provider is seeking a Service Team Leader to manage the day to day running of their service in York. All of the users live in their own self contained supported living setting however there is an element of residential also. They provide support for people with learning disabilities, Autism and complex needs.
There are opportunities to progress within the organisation as most of the senior management team started as support workers.
An experienced Deputy Manager will also be accepted for interviewing however having some managerial expereince is a must and you must have a minimum level 3 with a willingness to work toward your level 5.
Responsibilities of Service Team Leader:
- Providing planned, competent, motivated 24-hour personal care with holistic support ensuring the staff team consistently delivers the support needs of the individuals
- Role modeling and supporting ‘on rota’, ‘Local On-Call’ at weekends where needed
- Delivering successful; structured support, teaching, coaching, mentoring and developing each team member ensuring learning is put into daily practice
- Applying profession employment welfare practices and standards
- Making certain the environment and supports are always risk-managed and safeguarding individuals from any form of harm or abuse. Understanding and implementing transparent ‘duty of candor’
- Consistently ensuring delivery of each person’s support and risk management plans achieving agreed ‘forecasted outcomes’ with each individual
- Providing proactive and effective budgeting and resource management
- Being adaptable to meet the changing needs of the role
- Sound knowledge of working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and complex needs and experience of working in a similar setting
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), including listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people
- Up to date knowledge of CQC regulations, health & social care legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Enthusiasm, passion and determination to achieve Outstanding and deliver the highest-quality person-centred care is essential.
If you are interested in the above position please apply or for more information, contact Ryan Wood at Domus Recruitment.
I look forward to hearing from you
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.