Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are looking for a Supported Living Manager to join a national provider of care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities, in New Milton Hampshire.
Reporting into the Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the management of 18 Supported Living flats in one large building, supporting adults with Learning Disabilities.
You will provide strong leadership and promote good practice at all times for the service in order to ensure the company are providing excellent quality support to the people supported.
You will act as an effective and positive role model and leader and you will have excellent relationships with local commissioners and professionals along with the rest of the team within the services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced no longer looking to be CQC Registered, or a highly experienced Deputy Manager, looking for that next stage of progression.
Key Responsibilities of a Supported Living Manager:
- Deliver a service of excellent care, being the quality lead for the scheme.
- Completing relevant audits, including spot checks to promote the identification of issues that may lead to service issues which could negatively affect the business and ensuring that services are safely provided in line with laws, regulations, company policy and best practice
- Overall accountability for ensuring assessment for new people that we support, and the development and implementation of individuals’ support plans are robust;
- Ensure that all records and required documentation including care and support plans and regular checks are accurately recorded, maintained and reviewed
- Ensure safe delivery of service through the application of PPE, H&S, Infection control, DSR management/health related testing requirements and correct health and social care reporting via portals
- Ensure that all staff training is up to date and reflects the needs of the people we support
- Seek the views of the people we support, their families or advocates on regular basis to identify areas for improvement and ensure the team are responsive to the needs of people we support, families, staff and other external parties
- Ensure that you and your staff are familiar and comply with the Company’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedure.
- You should also ensure that you and your staff are familiar with the local authority’s safeguarding children/adults protection protocols and their contact details.
Key requirements a Supported Living Manager must have:
- Level 4 or equivalent qualification in Health and Social Care
- Experience of supporting adults with Learning Disabilities
- Preferably experience managing Supported Living services
- Experience of managing teams
- Good written and verbal skills
- Self-starting / pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and able to prioritise appropriately
- Ethical, honest and driven by ‘doing the right thing’
- Paid annual leave 33 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Support towards completing your management NVQ’s Level 5 and other qualifications that may be relevant
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers.
- Career progression
- Flexible working patterns
If you are interested in the above Supported Living Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.